PDA

View Full Version : Water snake trolling motors

Jdkxtreme
09-12-2012, 12:04 PM
Does anyone here have any experience with one of these trolling motors? I bought one local from a guy on Craig's list. It still had some warranty left on it. It started acting up. Would not turn right or left. I called the guy I got it from and he called the company and they are sending out a new one. My question is,,,,should I use he new one? I have a 1436 Jon boat. Or just sell it since its new and get a smaller hand controlled one? I liked it cause it was foot controlled. But it's electric foot controlled. Thanks for all of the advice...
Here is a link to it

http://www.watersnakeusa.com/motors/bow/shadow.html

Jdkxtreme
09-13-2012, 01:57 PM
Anyone ever even heard of them?

Travis C.
09-13-2012, 02:59 PM
They have been used in Austraila for years and just now becoming present over here. Don't know much else about them.

tkwalker
09-13-2012, 11:47 PM
Guys what this appears to be is a Brunswick product (Motor Guide) ... Like the Mariner Outboard ( Merc) that was discontinued in the states that were sent to Europe, Asia and Austraila are very popular there today ... Not sure of the Watersnake ... The shaft looks like a MInn Kota ?? But I am sure I have props from Motor Guides that will fit this motor ... But it could be a knock off of these motors ... If you look at the shaft and foot control it looks like a Minn Kota

But knowing Both Minn Kota and Brunswick marketing stradegy I would say these are re-entered into the US market place as Entry Level units do to the slumping Economy ... But there again it may be a knock off ... ???

PS ... I work on 10 Minn Kota's to 1 Motor Guide ... If this helps ... ?? <'TK>< :)

Travis C.
09-14-2012, 07:00 AM
Here's who they belong to:

http://www.jarviswalker.com.au/brands/watersnake.html

Jdkxtreme
09-14-2012, 09:46 PM
Thank you all

StriperFan
10-08-2012, 05:53 PM
Guys what this appears to be is a Brunswick product (Motor Guide) ... Like the Mariner Outboard ( Merc) that was discontinued in the states that were sent to Europe, Asia and Austraila are very popular there today ... Not sure of the Watersnake ... The shaft looks like a MInn Kota ?? But I am sure I have props from Motor Guides that will fit this motor ... But it could be a knock off of these motors ... If you look at the shaft and foot control it looks like a Minn Kota

But knowing Both Minn Kota and Brunswick marketing stradegy I would say these are re-entered into the US market place as Entry Level units do to the slumping Economy ... But there again it may be a knock off ... ???

PS ... I work on 10 Minn Kota's to 1 Motor Guide ... If this helps ... ?? <'TK>< :) My first boat had a Motorguide. Its use was totally intuitive and I never had a problem. Well, I upsized my boat to its current permanent status and it came with a top of the line Minn Kota 2004, the auto pilot never worked right, but I overlooked that. About two years ago I had to rebuild the lower unit, not a huge deal. Now the stearing has gone out, and I don't even want to get it fixed. I took the whole thing off and am going to go without till I replace it with a Motorguide. Not to mention the foot petal on the Minn Kota was very non-intuitive. I am glad it is gone. Bad news is it might be Christmas before I get a new one.