PDA

View Full Version : Old Hickory report and pics

Dakota
09-08-2012, 01:39 PM

Caught 5 late yesterday afternoon. Caught on jig around wood off the main channel. (Lost a few, too). Blade bait in 15ft water around creek channel point. Also texas rig grape worm and small crank around deep bluffs casting parallel. No solid pattern, except look for the flickering shad.

hickorytracker
09-23-2012, 03:24 AM
I am not having much luck witht the bass lately. The only ones I have caught in the last month have benn on a purple lizard with a chartues tail. Anyone have any suggestions?

robhal11
09-24-2012, 12:47 PM
Nice fish there, wanted to get out(last weekend) but getting ready for an Engagement Party next weekend.

Dakota
09-24-2012, 05:35 PM
Rob aren't u already married. Lol Nice fish there, wanted to get out(last weekend) but getting ready for an Engagement Party next weekend.

Travis C.
09-24-2012, 05:53 PM
My wife and I caught several yesterday on white/clear flake crappie magnets. None were really big but fun on light gear. We'd move around until we found a school of minnws then cast the magnets past it, fast twitch retreive across the surface of the school and if something came after it stop allow the magent to free fall. Almost every time the line would go tight.

browntrout
09-24-2012, 06:04 PM
Nice fish there, wanted to get out(last weekend) but getting ready for an Engagement Party next weekend.

Engagement parties have ruined a many of good fishing trips. (in more than 1 way).

Roy

robhal11
09-25-2012, 02:08 PM
Yeah John I am and Browntrout you are so right. I got 2 kids getting married early next year within 3 weeks of each other. Man I hope to get some early fishing done in Feb and March because it will be all stopped in April and May. Really like your post Browntrout on the Caney, used to go over there at least once a week a few years back. Sounds like the fish are really biting.