PDA

View Full Version : Night floats

Travis C.
08-29-2012, 09:25 PM
I have been looking for a long time on ways to make a light weight night float. I know there are Loon's Bio Glow and Thingamabbobbers Glow bobber but they are $$$ order onlys.

My problem has temporarily been solved. I have a bunch of these casting slip floats and turns out they can be filled easily with a product called Glow-A-Way.

I took some pictures to show you what I am talking about. But simply put the paint inside the clear float, shake to ensure it covers, glue it closed and bam..a glow in the dark slip float that needs no batteries without being bulky. The glow isn't too bright that would seem to spook a fish either. They last about 3 mins give or take then charge quickly again with a simple LED keychain light.

Finally, I can fish some certain places at night under a float and be stealthy at very little cost. Next step would be to see if it works..

Reel Tune
08-30-2012, 08:00 AM
Very innovative.

Travis C.
08-30-2012, 10:05 AM
I believe they will work but as of now not really as satisfied with the extra weight the paint adds. Its not much but the float is slightly lower in the water that normal however it should add distance casting.

Travis C.
09-10-2012, 08:22 AM
Scratch the paint idea .... too heavy.

Found a much better alternative with my daughter's obsession for quarter machines.

Mini Glow sticks. I got 12 for $3 and they fit perfectly in the trout magnet size floats. My lighted float for the flyrod problem has been solved and cheap.

Alphahawk
09-10-2012, 11:29 AM
scratch the paint idea .... Too heavy.

Found a much better alternative with my daughter's obsession for quarter machines.

Mini glow sticks. I got 12 for $3 and they fit perfectly in the trout magnet size floats. My lighted float for the flyrod problem has been solved and cheap.

x2