PDA

View Full Version : Flat bottom trailer

Jdkxtreme
08-27-2012, 07:07 PM
Anyone have any pics of there flat bottom Jon boat trailer? I just bought a V hull with a trailer and want to sell the V hull and use the trailer for my Jon boat. Just need some pics on where to get started...

Travis C.
08-27-2012, 10:57 PM
Here was one I sold earlier this year.

http://www.fishingtn.com/showthread.php?t=4791

The one on the boat now is a little more beefy. But the thing I like the abosolute most on the current trailer is it breaks down in the center. That has come in handy a ton...especially on the Caney.

Infact Sunday, I was at Station Camp ramp (for those familiar with it know how much of a line can form on the weekends) and had a long line of cars to put in/take out. I just backed into the grass area behind the light pole to the waters edge, unhooked the bracket slid the boat in the water and left the truck there.

Jdkxtreme
08-27-2012, 11:26 PM
Thank you. I was thinking the bunks had to go the whole length of the boat. Looks like I can do 3-4' bunks and a support up front. The trailer needs some work but it is way better than what I have now. It looks to be able to tilt in the middle. Why would it need to tilt!

Travis C.
08-28-2012, 06:50 AM
I'll take a picture of my other trailer today. Its a little different.

Travis C.
08-28-2012, 01:18 PM
Here is my current trailer attached in photos..

You'll notice the rope tied to the bow. Its clipped there and to an I-bolt back near the axle. That way I can unhook it from the wench, back into the water, let it drift off the trailer and pull the truck up to bring it back the shore solo.

The tilt comes into play where you don't have a ramp or traditional slope to launch the boat. On the Caney, I lauch off a gravel bar and backing the truck all the way to the water is too risky for getting stuck. Another way to use it is if there is no ramp or one near by just back it to the water's, break the trailer down and there is your ramp now. I have even unhooked the trailer rolled it to the water then broke the trailer down slid the boat off to fish a spot where its a long ways inbetween ramps and truck couldn't get to the water.

Jdkxtreme
08-28-2012, 01:29 PM
Thank you. That's what I needed to see. Why does it tilt? Seems like it would be hard to get to the latch to tilt it with the boat on the trailer. The trailer I got tilts. I just need to sell the v hull and start work on the trailer

Travis C.
08-28-2012, 01:45 PM
Its really not problem at all to pull the pin for tilt (if its the same as mine).

Takes just couple secs and done. That said there is no real reason to use it unless your launching where there is no ramp and then it makes everything a ton easier.