PDA

View Full Version : Catwalk at Cordell Hull

Alphahawk
08-01-2012, 05:21 PM
Does anyone know if they have repaired the catwalk at the dam at Cordell Hull...and if so are they allowing fisherman to use it again...thanks in advance.

Regards

hotwielen65
08-01-2012, 05:31 PM
I was up there about a month ago and it didn't look like it was open, I usually fish just a little down from the dam. I would like to fish for crappie from my boat over by the lock wall, This past winter some of the guys fishing Sauger from the shore said they were catching crappie over there starting in the late fall and all through the winter.

Have a great day,
Ray

Alphahawk
08-01-2012, 05:44 PM
I was up there about a month ago and it didn't look like it was open, I usually fish just a little down from the dam. I would like to fish for crappie from my boat over by the lock wall, This past winter some of the guys fishing Sauger from the shore said they were catching crappie over there starting in the late fall and all through the winter.

Have a great day,
Ray

Ray....my son and i go up there a couple of times each year. Last December was our last time up. We have caught a ton of Crappie where you are talking about fishing. I think I even made mention of this on the forum a while back....the Crappie over by the lock can be 13 or 14 inches long and weigh less than a pound. They were sickly looking....no girth. But of course that has been 7 months ago so it could have changed. Thanks for the info.

Regards

titansfan2104
08-01-2012, 06:25 PM
Yep still blocked and un repaired. But nothing has been said to people as far as I know as long as they walk the rocks. I have walked down the rocks a few times and walked up to the edge of the walkway and fished.

Catch & Release
08-01-2012, 08:05 PM
They closed it a few days ago at entrance of boat ramp cant go up there at all now, there is alot of heavy equipment up there, looks like they are building another walkway down the bank or adding some more fill, not sure, but as of now you cannot fish off the bank past the boat ramp. The new visitors center is open now though.