PDA

View Full Version : Need advice for Tims Ford.

Alphahawk
06-14-2012, 06:36 PM
Where would be a good place to launch a kayak on Tims Ford.....looking for Smallies but need to preferably be in a location to maybe catch some Gills if the Smallie action is not around. It is a long drive for me and I don't know anything about the place.

regards

StriperFan
06-15-2012, 07:04 PM
The good news is the smallmouth can be found from end to end, as well as the gills. I catch random smallmouth all over while targeting hybrids. And bluegill are one of my prefered baits, gives the little one time to do some catching. Maybe a true smallmouth fisherman will chime in but till then...The state park is a good place, as well as Tim's Ford Marina right down the road. Also, Holiday Marina, which is located in the back of Hurricane Creek, a major tributary known to give up lots of smallies. Lastly the ramp right at the dam, this one would probably be more for the smallies, as it is almost all deep water, but I am sure there are gills to be found. Tims is an excellent lake, and I am sure you will make a connection wherever you put in.