PDA

View Full Version : caney generation question

navydocivan
05-07-2012, 10:07 PM
so it says they will generate from 7-9 tomorrow ... if im at happy hollow what time should I expect the water to start rising and can I still wade with 1 generator? I assume if it only runs 2 hours it should ruin wading the rest of the day should it.. I am thinking if change to a lower location for a while them come back a little later I should be ok ,,,, any suggestions welcome

Travis C.
05-08-2012, 06:49 AM
With only (1) generator running.

Dam arrive 0 mins - fallout 30/45mins

Lancaster arrive 35 mins - fallout 2 hrs

Happy arrive 2 1/2 hrs - fallout 5 hrs

Betty's arrive 3 hrs- fallout 6 hrs

Kirby's arrive 3 1/4 hrs - fallout 6 1/2 hrs

Stonewall/Thayerwilson arrive 6 hrs - fallout ....long time.

If they are running the sluice gate it will be sooner arrival time. They didn't run the gate with generation yesterday.

Wading at Happy with 1 generator running... would not recommend it. Just remember it takes the water typically takes twice as long to fall all the way down to low water as it does to rise depending on where your at. Some places you may can get in a little sooner than the fallout times.

Travis C.
05-08-2012, 06:59 AM
You could fish anywhere from Happy down and then move up towards the Dam after the water runs you out. Since its 7-9 schedule.

mofltnangler
05-08-2012, 07:37 AM
How is the fishing, typically, as the water level is rising or falling?

txnative
05-08-2012, 08:27 AM
Rising water stimulates feeding, falling water causes fish to tuck into ambush spots or return to holding areas...similar to tidal behavior. Bigger trout will feed more aggressively while the water is up.

Chris