PDA

View Full Version : Victory and Defeat on Center Hill

Alphahawk
04-06-2012, 09:49 PM
Only landed one Smallie today. The wind was pretty stiff....especially for a kayak. Have the one pic of fish I landed and a great short video of my "Victory and Defeat".....LOL. Video was made by my nephew. here is link to video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMjVugkMOoY

Regards

blr3a
04-06-2012, 10:36 PM
Cool video! I think that fish of defeat jumped 50 ft in the air. He got up there! I try to keep my rod tips down but I think it would be difficult in a kayak, you make me want to try it! Nice fish! Your rig looks very stable, even when fighting the Tennessee Flying Fish! I like it!

Reel Tune
04-06-2012, 10:43 PM
Nicely done video, and nice fish too.

Alphahawk
04-06-2012, 11:06 PM
Cool video! I think that fish of defeat jumped 50 ft in the air. He got up there! I try to keep my rod tips down but I think it would be difficult in a kayak, you make me want to try it! Nice fish! Your rig looks very stable, even when fighting the Tennessee Flying Fish! I like it!

I try to keep them down too but I am only using a #8 hook. About 75% of the time those fish will be hooked in the bony part of the upper jaw. But the other 25% the hook has not penetrated and is only wedged. I try to keep as much pressure as possible on them. The kayak is very stable. What I know about kayaks you could put in a thimble. MidTNKayakAngler is schooling me some. It is not a kayak for the wind...and we had plenty of that today. I did use a drag chain to slow me down but the wind was so strong you really could not fish properly....and throwing a 1/64 jig in that wind has it's own problems. In the video we are protected but I did have it out on the main body of the lake and I never felt I was in a problem situation.

regards

Alphahawk
04-06-2012, 11:09 PM
Nicely done video, and nice fish too.

Thanks...that video was taken with a Kodak Play Sport. I may get one while I wait for my GoPro.

regards

Reel Tune
04-08-2012, 09:16 PM
I have a couple Go Pro Hero II's. They are great cameras. I have lots of video, but haven't had time to edit any of it. 70hr work weeks, and sneaking in a night trip here and there is all I've been able to do lately. That Kodak shoots clean video.

Alphahawk
04-09-2012, 03:30 AM
I have a couple Go Pro Hero II's. They are great cameras. I have lots of video, but haven't had time to edit any of it. 70hr work weeks, and sneaking in a night trip here and there is all I've been able to do lately. That Kodak shoots clean video.

Ouch...70 hour work weeks. during my 21 years in Saudi I did that from 1982 through 1988...then again in 1990 during Desert Storm....no fun at all. I was wondering why I was not seeing any pics from you. The Kodak is not THE camera I want but it will have to do for now.

Regards