PDA

View Full Version : Buckeye Shad

Travis C.
03-12-2012, 03:13 PM
The vintage thread started by ALANRAYG2 had me thinking about other good "old school" lures.

http://buckeyeshad.com/index.html

For those who don't know and like to catch fish check these out. They are a molded lipless crankbait that has been around for a long time. You won't find a bunch of fancy colors only 5 to choose from and that is with a recent addition of orange. It has good weight like a spoon so you can cast it a mile and is balanced so the lure retreives like a rattle trap but a lot tighter. Color is molded into the bait so no worry of knocking the paint off.

Reason for bringing these up is they are local...

Greasy Ham
03-12-2012, 04:09 PM
I bought a white one at the fishing show a few weeks back. I ain't used it yet though.

titansfan2104
03-28-2012, 05:14 PM
They don't look much but they are deadly on smallmouth in the middle of winter on the hill. My late great uncle had a shed full of em that he bought at sonnys right outside of smithville. He made me tie one on and we finished the day with 5 smallmouth and 2 ky's. Around a 3.5 lb average and 16 degrees that day , almost 17 years ago. I didn't even know they still made them. I will definitely stock up on them. The red/ white ones are deadly !!