PDA

View Full Version : New Tennessee Fish Guide

bd-
03-10-2012, 08:15 PM
Has anyone else seen this new field guide from TWRA yet?

http://www.tn.gov/twra/pdfs/anglersguide.pdf

This one is worth bookmarking - it's an excellent field guide to help answer those "what's that fish?" questions.

Thumbs up to TWRA for creating such an informative resource for anglers.

bd

Glenn H
03-10-2012, 09:16 PM
I have to agree BD. I picked one up the other day when I renewed my license. TWRA did an outstanding job on this years guide.

Glenn

creeksmallie
03-11-2012, 07:05 AM
Picked one up yesterday. I was impressed they did do a good job. But glenn and bd they took the funds from the trout fishing program to publish it. hehehe just kidding. Headed out to build a deck and then to wet a line on the creek.

vincent
03-11-2012, 08:17 AM
This looks good. This is not the same as the TWRA 2012 fishing guide.

vincent
03-11-2012, 08:35 AM
Did they get the pictures of Black and White crappie mixed up on page 7?

txnative
03-11-2012, 06:22 PM
Vincent,

The pictures are correct. The white crappie shown is a spawning-phase male. They get dark, almost black sometimes. The vertical bands are a quick identifier on the white crappie.

Chris

bd-
03-11-2012, 06:26 PM
I have to agree BD. I picked one up the other day when I renewed my license. TWRA did an outstanding job on this years guide.

The guide I linked above isn't the Fishing Guide with the rules and regulations for the year. It's a field guide to the different types of fish in Tennessee. Take a look - it's a neat publication.

bd

Glenn H
03-11-2012, 09:38 PM
My mistake I called it the wrong thing.

The guide I linked above isn't the Fishing Guide with the rules and regulations for the year. It's a field guide to the different types of fish in Tennessee. Take a look - it's a neat publication.

bd

Glenn H
03-11-2012, 09:42 PM
Trout! Where's a guy going to fish for trout in middle TN???
Mike I hope you mind me putting that GPS tracker on you vehicle. :D

Picked one up yesterday. I was impressed they did do a good job. But glenn and bd they took the funds from the trout fishing program to publish it. hehehe just kidding. Headed out to build a deck and then to wet a line on the creek.

creeksmallie
03-12-2012, 06:40 AM
I do not mind it is in the driveway and needs a new front end. I may just put it in priest for crappie structure. LOL

bd-
03-12-2012, 10:30 AM
Mike, I hit a few creeks not far from you yesterday - I'm sure you've got a pretty good idea where. Caught one very small kentucky but other than that it was dead. I was just sort of having a look around and not fishing really hard though. The water was still really cold - it should get rolling in two or three weeks.

Give me a shout if you get a day to go.

bd

Travis C.
03-12-2012, 01:41 PM
That is a pretty cool link bd... Thanks.

Part of me wishes they had a map similiar to the interactive trout stocking one but for warm water species with public access locations. I know technically almost all will have fish but not all have public places to park then fish so being able to see those would be really nice.

I don't know how much that would hurt or help them though.

creeksmallie
03-12-2012, 09:12 PM
bd
Yes the water is still cold and but they are moving in.
Had a 17 and a 14 incher in an hour but had to have a sucker minnow 4 to 5 inch range and they( minnows) were hard to come by. I am thinking it will get started by this weekend if not midweek. And if we get another rise they will be on fire.
I will be checking it out every day for a few minutes in the morning and afternoons.
Will let you know
Mike