PDA

View Full Version : Academy H2O baits

Travis C.
03-04-2012, 12:05 AM
Has anyone used them much?

I was there the other day looking at some SPRO frogs and noticed theirs thinking.....dang that is a lot of difference in price ($3.99 compared to $8.99). At least one advantage on the SPRO's I like is its heavier.

The crankbait line looks nice as well and a good price point but that is all I know about them.

Buccaneer
03-04-2012, 05:04 PM
The H2O hard baits are a great bargain and they work well. I use the square bill baits, the deep cranks, stick baits and the spinner baits and all catch fish and hold up, in my opinion, better than the Strike King baits. Do yourself a favor and save some money, you'll be happy.

Travis C.
03-04-2012, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the info.

They look really good especially the square bills. I have always fished Rapala, Cotton and Norman crankbaits so they were completely new to me. At the price when it comes time to pick some up I'll definitely look there.

From being in the import/export/manufacturing business for years, I highly doubt they are a design all to themself. More than likely they are made along side some other brands then packaged differently.