PDA

View Full Version : Fishing this weekend

MNfisher
03-02-2012, 09:15 AM
I swear we have had a cold front fall on the weekend every weekend for the last 2 months! Nice all week and then BAM, storms on Fri or Sat!

Oh well, gotta fish when time allows. I am thinking I might head to below Center Hill on Sunday, anyone else gonna be there? I might go afternoon when it warms a bit more. I am also free Saturday afternoon. I might try something, any suggestions?

jad2t
03-02-2012, 10:38 AM
I'll be under Center Hill Dam trying for a striped bass early Saturday morning as long as it doesn't get TOO cold after the storms, that screws up the fishing. I'll probably stay until 11 or until it gets too crowded and annoys me

bd-
03-02-2012, 11:29 AM
I swear we have had a cold front fall on the weekend every weekend for the last 2 months! Nice all week and then BAM, storms on Fri or Sat!

I know! It drives me absolutely crazy!!!

Due to my work schedule, it's almost impossible for me to fish during the week, unless maybe it's just an hour or two in the summer, close to home, when the days are long.

The weather did this to me last spring too - beautiful fishing days all week long, and then just when I get a day off to go, it would rain a ton and a front would blast through to make the conditions impossible.

bd

jad2t
03-02-2012, 01:23 PM
Looks like in Cookeville Sunday will be slightly cooler than Saturday but the big difference is the overnight low. Tonight the low is supposed to be 40 and Saturday night the low is supposed to be 31. I'm thinking that drop down to below freezing will slow down the fishing so I'm better off trying Saturday morning rather than Sunday morning. If anyone is out there Saturday morning feel free to come say hi...hopefully I'll be the guy catching all the big striped bass :D

MNfisher
03-02-2012, 03:01 PM
I know! It drives me absolutely crazy!!!

Due to my work schedule, it's almost impossible for me to fish during the week, unless maybe it's just an hour or two in the summer, close to home, when the days are long.

The weather did this to me last spring too - beautiful fishing days all week long, and then just when I get a day off to go, it would rain a ton and a front would blast through to make the conditions impossible.

bd

I am the same way BD. I can maybe get an hour in here or there during the week. I look forward to full fishing days on the weekends. But these stupid fronts sure makes it difficult!

jad2t
03-04-2012, 11:12 PM
Well did you have any luck below the dam? I fished from 630 until about 10 trying for my first striped bass and had no luck. I tried several different lures. The temps dropped down quite a bit Friday night so I think that may have affected things; nobody else I talked to had any luck either.

MNfisher
03-05-2012, 12:14 AM
I fished from 2 pm til dark on Saturday. Had a few brown trout follows, no striper action. I really dont think there are many rockfish at the dam right now. But i could be wrong. When they are running both generators, it sure is a lot of current! The fish were not active at all for me, i am guessing cuz the cold front.