PDA

View Full Version : Doug Markham's Outdoor Show with the General on 99.7

fishfindergeneral
02-29-2012, 01:44 PM
I'll be sitting in with Doug this Saturday morning, March 3rd, from 5 am until 7am. We'll be talking highland reservoir walleye tactics along with some smallie, trout, muskies and yes big fat drum... so if you're interested in any of these topics in the Nashville area, tune into 99.7 and give it a listen. Thanks Dave

agelesssone
02-29-2012, 02:34 PM
I'll definitely be listening in because of the interest in walleye. It seems you use downriggers for trolling for walleye, true?

ALANRAYG2
02-29-2012, 02:36 PM
I'll tune in too. I have a down rigger I wanted to sell but maybe I'll wait until the broadcast.

agelesssone
02-29-2012, 02:41 PM
The bass boat I bought last summer came with two downriggers. I just mounted them this week and haven't had an opportunity or reason to use them just yet, but I'm ready to.

I plan on using them to troll an umbrella rig for stripers this summer. But if they are useful for walleye, I'd rather catch walleye than striper anytime!

fishfindergeneral
02-29-2012, 06:04 PM
I do use down rigging to catch 'eyes most of the year. We also use them to catch smallies, trout and muskies. They are great for stripers too. My iPhone auto correct turned stripers into strippers. Shows you where their minds are. :)

fishfindergeneral
03-03-2012, 09:13 AM
I think it well. Doug said he wanted me on again.... We'll see.

Travis C.
03-03-2012, 09:54 AM
Do you know if there is a replay means for his shows?

agelesssone
03-03-2012, 04:32 PM
WOW! I hope the wife isn't with me when I catch one of those "strippers"!

agelesssone
03-03-2012, 04:33 PM
fishfindergeneral, do you think you could find walleyes in OH lake proper or would one have to haunt the river sections?

Ronman
03-04-2012, 01:29 AM
I think it well. Doug said he wanted me on again.... We'll see.

Very informative show for sure. Enjoyed it. I'm certain he'll have you on again. Now I can't wait to visit Dale Hollow. Would love to hook into some of those huge Bluegills and Crappie.

Fishmanjoe
03-05-2012, 12:29 AM
I only got to hear the tail end, sounds like a fun trip! I am going to check out your website.

fishfindergeneral
03-07-2012, 06:59 AM
I don.t know what sort of stocking effort has gone on in OH. If they have put Erie golds in, they will be in the main lake. If not, than I would concentrate on the river. The original strain was a river fish. The TWRA should be able to give you the answer.

Travis C.
03-07-2012, 08:19 AM
I had always heard people catch them around the old Locks in the main river channel. Then you have people that catch them below Center Hill which is connected to the river section of Old Hickory and would imagine they are back out in the Cumby there too.

Could it be two different species still? Or just dealing with just fish in two locations.

fishfindergeneral
03-07-2012, 09:40 PM
Travis, there should be. On Dale, on the upper end, they head up the rivers. Lower down, even on the main lake, they just hit humps and points. Have they mingled beyond idenifying? The TWRA might know... Never found about another way to listen to the broadcast.