PDA

View Full Version : Boat cleaner

thehick176
02-27-2012, 05:40 PM
Hey guys, I just bought a new boat and I am wondering what is a good boat soap to use? Also i am looking for a good spray and wipe wax that i can wipe it down with after i take it out of the water. I heard BoatSaver is a good one?

SAMBOLIE
02-27-2012, 08:42 PM
Hey guys, I just bought a new boat and I am wondering what is a good boat soap to use? Also i am looking for a good spray and wipe wax that i can wipe it down with after i take it out of the water. I heard BoatSaver is a good one?

Dura Gloss car wash and wax is about as good as it gets.

Alphahawk
02-27-2012, 09:04 PM

While I no longer own a boat you really need to look at ICE from Turtle Wax. It comes in a paste or spray bottle. I use the spray bottle and it is just wipe and polish off...good stuff. The neat thing about ICE is if you get it on glass...rubber...anything at all it just shines it. Most car waxes I know when you get some on rubber or vinyl you will get the white residue. ICE is a great wax....no white residue left on anything you put it on.

Regards

ALANRAYG2
02-27-2012, 09:14 PM
I have used Eagle One nanowax on everything. It comes in a spray and it does not turn rubber and plastic trim white. Good stuff. It is a carnuba wax, too

SAMBOLIE
02-27-2012, 09:46 PM
While I no longer own a boat you really need to look at ICE from Turtle Wax. It comes in a paste or spray bottle. I use the spray bottle and it is just wipe and polish off...good stuff. The neat thing about ICE is if you get it on glass...rubber...anything at all it just shines it. Most car waxes I know when you get some on rubber or vinyl you will get the white residue. ICE is a great wax....no white residue left on anything you put it on.

Regards
Alpha, I have Ice car wash and wax. I use the wash since I am out of my favorite and I like it a lot. The wax is great to apply and wipe off, especially on grainy trim surfaces where the white is almost impossible to remove. I have not had good results with the durability of the wax. Also I like a little cleaner in the wax. Waxing almost immediately after washing results in dirt on the application cloth when using a cleaner wax. Not so with Ice.
PS, wax your windows occasionally. They will repel water and remain clean longer. No residue like RainX leaves.

Buccaneer
02-28-2012, 09:42 AM
Clean it good, put a base coat of Meguire's Flagship Premium Marine Wax on it and then use Bass Boat Saver periodically when or after you wipe down. Meguire's also has Meguiar's Flagship Premium Cleaner/Wax which is a good product.

banjopkr
02-28-2012, 06:00 PM
Buccaneer I do the same on my Bullet 20XD and it keeps it looking new,Bass Boat Saver is a great product

thehick176
03-06-2012, 12:14 PM
Has anyone ever used Pledge to wipe down your boat? I have a few buddies that use it and swear by it but I'd like to know for sure if its clearcoat ok before I use it.

Buccaneer
03-06-2012, 12:25 PM
Not sure about the ingredients in Pledge. Remember that a gel coat layer is porous so protecting and sealing it is important. Bass Boat Saver applies a carnuba wax layer every time you use it.

thehick176
03-06-2012, 12:33 PM
Thanks Buc. I think i'll go the safe route and pick up some Boat Saver. I bought my boat at Clark Marine and they did have some there, but that is a long haul from Lebanon. Do you know of anyone closer that carries it?

Tennesseejugger
03-06-2012, 12:50 PM
Thanks Buc. I think i'll go the safe route and pick up some Boat Saver. I bought my boat at Clark Marine and they did have some there, but that is a long haul from Lebanon. Do you know of anyone closer that carries it? Go to Lebanon Marine on Briskin lane and ask for Kirby, he can order it for you. Tell em Don sent ya!

Buccaneer
03-06-2012, 01:00 PM
Order on-line at http://www.bassboatsaver.com/ or if you get to Gallatin or fish out of Flippers go to C&O Marine on 109 next to Poindexters, they have it.

Tennesseejugger
03-06-2012, 01:06 PM
Order on-line at http://www.bassboatsaver.com/ or if you get to Gallatin or fish out of Flippers go to C&O Marine on 109 next to Poindexters, they have it.
Hey do you know if C&O have any Hydra Sports decals?

thehick176
03-06-2012, 01:09 PM
Thanks Jugger and Buc. i saw that C&O in White Bluff had it but wasnt sure if the one up in Gallatin did. That'll save me shipping costs.

Buccaneer
03-06-2012, 02:47 PM
Hydra Sports Decals - This is on C&O's web site - http://www.teamcandomarine.com/eshopdetail_cat_7129-83926-83942_pr_0.Hydra_Sports.htm
Call Carol at the White Bluff location and she can detail what they have - 615-797-4760 - 888-868-0361 - Toll Free