PDA

View Full Version : Went out looking for some gills

Travis C.
02-09-2012, 03:44 PM
I decided to check out a local place that me and the lil ones fish during warm weather.

They were biting as I caught probably 12 in an hour and the bit just like crappie. The float would slowly pull under after reeling it in a little at a time. I used a chartruse crappie magnet under a slip float with 2lb fluorocarbon line. Several were average to small but did get a good one.

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii40/MrCarney1979/IMG_2803.jpg

Anyone who hasn't tried Trout Magnets or Crappie Magnets is missing out. They simply catch fish.

fishfindergeneral
02-09-2012, 04:30 PM
Beauty!

Alphahawk
02-09-2012, 10:51 PM
I decided to check out a local place that me and the lil ones fish during warm weather.

They were biting as I caught probably 12 in an hour and the bit just like crappie. The float would slowly pull under after reeling it in a little at a time. I used a chartruse crappie magnet under a slip float with 2lb fluorocarbon line. Several were average to small but did get a good one.

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii40/MrCarney1979/IMG_2803.jpg

Anyone who hasn't tried Trout Magnets or Crappie Magnets is missing out. They simply catch fish.

I can tell you right now that on 2# test that fat guy gave you a tussle. Jeff is going to be at the Fairgrounds on Friday night...Saturday afternoon if anyone wants to meet the man responsible for Trout and Crappie Magnet lures. I was given the all clear that I can crank a reel today!! Still have therapy for the next 5 weeks but tell the fish I am on the way!!

Regards

Travis C.
02-10-2012, 08:37 AM
I can tell you right now that on 2# test that fat guy gave you a tussle. Jeff is going to be at the Fairgrounds on Friday night...Saturday afternoon if anyone wants to meet the man responsible for Trout and Crappie Magnet lures. I was given the all clear that I can crank a reel today!! Still have therapy for the next 5 weeks but tell the fish I am on the way!!

Regards

That is great news Alpha.

I am going to put the magnets to the test tomorrow. It will be low 30's, 15-20mph wind. Plan on checking my crappie holes (which really isn't best weather for right now) maybe some more big bluegills and then end up at the Dam to see whats there.

Alphahawk
02-10-2012, 08:16 PM
That is great news Alpha.

I am going to put the magnets to the test tomorrow. It will be low 30's, 15-20mph wind. Plan on checking my crappie holes (which really isn't best weather for right now) maybe some more big bluegills and then end up at the Dam to see whats there.

Those are tough conditions to be fishing in. I see where Rick was catching the big White Bass below Nickajack. I don't know about Nickajack but this is the 3rd week for them to be stacked below Pickwick Dam. Just a little unusual for this time of the year.