PDA

View Full Version : Priest bass

TNtransplant08
01-28-2012, 05:53 PM
Was wondering if anyone has been having any luck bass fishing Priest lately, especially with the warmer weather and rains we've been having lately. If so, where finding them, as far as structure, depth, etc.? I'm tired of driving all the way out to OH Dam when the fishing hasn't been that great this winter. Due to all the rain we've been getting this winter, the water level and flow hasn't been consistent enough for an extended period of time. I went a week ago and though it is always great to be out, I only managed one short sauger and a beautiful looking spot (at least I think it was one).

I headed out to Jefferson Springs this afternoon for 2 hours. The bass were more active than usual for this time of the year. I was catching them in 3-4 feet of water on a 3-inch swimbait. I caught 7 and all were in the two pound range. Was wishing I had a bigger swimbait to see if I could entice a bigger one to bite!

Travis C.
01-28-2012, 07:51 PM
Mike's saturday morning tourney had one over 9lbs weighed in a couple weekends ago.

Last weekend took just over 15lbs to win and the big fish winner was over 6lbs.

TNtransplant08
01-28-2012, 10:26 PM
I heard about the 9 pounder. Thats one great looking fish! Is 15 pounds good or bad for out of Priest?

Travis C.
01-29-2012, 02:46 PM
I'd say during this time of year avg-better than average. Although you do run the chance of picking up a big fish which can change that.

Summer your probably looking at low 20's upper teens to be in the money most tourney's.

It has been a while since I fished Percy much. I have to drive around Old Hickory to get there which is hard for me to do most times.

sterling21
01-31-2012, 05:47 PM
I have a cousin and his buddy fishing that tournament every Sat on preist they have been doing farily well and bringing in good sacks on about every outing.