PDA

View Full Version : Question for MidTnKayakAngler.

Alphahawk
01-07-2012, 11:24 AM
Do you know about or have any experience with the Yakima boat loader rod? Since tearing rotator cuff have to find way to take some stress off of left shoulder for one year until arm heals. It looks like...from the videos I watched...it will allow me to do that. I have waited long time to get kayaks and WILL be using them this Spring. Paddling will actually be great therapy for cuff....but lifting too much weight too soon will re-tear. Maybe you know of a better loader....Regards

txnative
01-07-2012, 04:20 PM
My bro-in-law had one on his suv to load his hobie pro angler (it's a heavy kayak...around 90 lbs) and it made loading his yak a ton easier. He had the roller-style loader, all he had to lift was the front end to place it on the roller bar, then push the back end up.

If you have a typical kayak (50-60 lbs), this will make a big difference, especially if you are loading onto a taller vehicle. If you have a tank like the pro angler, you will absolutely need the loader...or better yet, do like my bro-in-law and buy a trailer.

Chris

SAMBOLIE
01-07-2012, 07:32 PM
Alphahawk,
Be careful reeling in those large fish.

Reel Tune
01-09-2012, 09:22 AM
I have not used the Yakima boat loader rod. I did fish with a guy this past weekend that has Yakima bars and he places a towel ot bath mat on his trunk and back glass of his car. He places the front of the kayak on the towel that is on the trunk and then goes to the rear of the kayak and just pushes it up on the rack. He has rollers on the rear bar to assist in guiding the kayak, and a cradle on the front bar.