PDA

View Full Version : Trout have been stocked below Normandy.

Alphahawk
11-08-2011, 11:40 AM
For those who like to fish for stockers the 1st stocking below Normandy was two weeks ago. It is close for me and I am going over today just to have some fun.

Regards

Adough
11-08-2011, 03:29 PM
Has the state wide winter stocking schedule been released yet?

Alphahawk
11-08-2011, 05:02 PM
Has the state wide winter stocking schedule been released yet?

No not yet. The tail-waters are stocked the same time each year....Caney...Obey...and so on. Having said that Percy Priest is not considered a tail-water stocking and thus you have to wait and see when the schedule comes out each year.

Alphahawk
11-08-2011, 05:05 PM
Had a great time over at Normandy. Caught about 50 Stockers. Lot of good action for 2# test line....jumping...going left..right...not giving up. Just a lot of fun.

Regards

Travis C.
11-08-2011, 05:33 PM
The tail-waters are stocked the same time each year....Caney...Obey...and so on.

Most our "trout" tailwaters around here in middle Tn and some east Tn are stocked March-November or December. The Obey and Hiawassee are the only ones stocked year round every month. The Duck is stocked March to July then November & December due to water temps. Percy is December to March.

bd-
11-09-2011, 11:41 AM
The Obey and Hiawassee are the only ones stocked year round every month.

I've never figured out why the Hiwassee gets so much attention and so many trout. From the data I've seen, it's only marginally better than the Duck. It holds over some fish occasionally, but not in any substantial numbers - statistically, most fish you'll catch out of the Hiwassee have been there six months or less.

People have told me the Hiwassee used to be much better a long time ago, but they release so much water for the commercial canoe and rafting businesses that they run out in the summer and the river starts getting warm. I don't know if that's true or not.

bd