PDA

View Full Version : Looking for RELAY for 1996 Neptune Minn Kota trolling motor

FFGBoaters
11-06-2011, 10:58 AM
Cannot locate a RELAY for our 1996 Neptune Minn Kota trolling motor. The RELAY we need operates the tilt for this motor and they no longer manufacture it. It was suggested I try a fishing forum to see if anyone has a used one out there!!
Any suggestions or alternatives for this part, let me know!

Travis C.
11-06-2011, 10:06 PM
What size Neptune? Model #?

FFGBoaters
11-07-2011, 12:04 PM
The S/N is MKJG0488353
The Minn Kota rep said it was a '96. We don't have any other information on the motor as it came with our used pontoon boat. I know we need a 12V relay coil with reverse polarity. We removed the damaged relay. The middle part is melted out, but this is what I can read printed on it:
NE...............Japan
EN2-INIS....5B2 07

bd-
11-07-2011, 03:46 PM
There are a couple Minn Kota forums on the Internet. You could try posting a question at them.

The other thing you could try is calling Marine Electric Service in Hendersonville. That shop is an authorized service center for Minn Kota and they can be pretty helpful for finding obscure stuff.

However, if I was guessing, I'd say you are going to have a tough time finding that part. We're talking about a part that isn't made anymore for a motor that's 15 years old. Even if you go through the trouble of hunting down this relay and replacing it, how long will it be before something else wears out?

If you watch the boats section on Craigslist closely, good deals pop up fairly regularly on used trolling motors. It's easier in the spring than in the fall, but you'll find something if you're patient. I could be wrong, but I think you'll be happier in the long run just replacing the motor.

bd

Travis C.
11-07-2011, 04:30 PM
The Neptune's were mounted to the transom like a motor....right?

FFGBoaters
11-10-2011, 10:38 AM
The Neptune's were mounted to the transom like a motor....right?

This is a SMALL trolling motor mounted on a tilt

FFGBoaters
11-10-2011, 10:38 AM
There are a couple Minn Kota forums on the Internet. You could try posting a question at them.

The other thing you could try is calling Marine Electric Service in Hendersonville. That shop is an authorized service center for Minn Kota and they can be pretty helpful for finding obscure stuff.

However, if I was guessing, I'd say you are going to have a tough time finding that part. We're talking about a part that isn't made anymore for a motor that's 15 years old. Even if you go through the trouble of hunting down this relay and replacing it, how long will it be before something else wears out?

If you watch the boats section on Craigslist closely, good deals pop up fairly regularly on used trolling motors. It's easier in the spring than in the fall, but you'll find something if you're patient. I could be wrong, but I think you'll be happier in the long run just replacing the motor.

bd

FFGBoaters
11-10-2011, 10:39 AM
THank you