PDA

View Full Version : Nickajack 11-02-11

Alphahawk
11-02-2011, 05:44 PM
Limited out again today fairly quickly. Today was a great catch. The two fish in the picture are 15 inch fish. The other 13 were either 15 also or in between 14 and 15. To me that is one fine Crappie hole. Tomorrow is calling for storms and gusts up to 30MPH....if that is the case I will not be going. If it is just rain I will be there. Another weather site is calling for rain and 10MPH wind. I will just have to get up in the morning and see. Also caught some really nice Bluegill today and two 12 inch Small Mouth.

Regards

Travis C.
11-02-2011, 07:49 PM
You're killing them man. Way to go!

I haven't ever seen anyone as dialed in on any kind of fish from the bank as you are.

Alphahawk
11-02-2011, 08:22 PM
You're killing them man. Way to go!

I haven't ever seen anyone as dialed in on any kind of fish from the bank as you are.

Thanks for the comments. I have several spots at Pickwick...Laurel Hill..VFW.....Center Hill in the Spring....and now one of the best spots I have found.....Nickajack. I have to thank "clean air" for convincing me to go down there. He gave me a lot of good locations below the dam. When it was not producing below the dam or I could not get a good spot I started looking at the lake. I found these on my own with the help of Google Maps and then would inquire to several bass boats that would be in the area about depth...flats and so on. I was not fishing for Bass today but I think if I had been I could have done quite well. I just love catching Crappie and trying to figure out where they move to next. "clean air" thinks these Crappie will move out into the main channel in the months ahead. I think they will stay right where they are at until late Spring. He knows Nickajack far better then me but I will fish down there until I am convinced they have moved.

Regards