PDA

View Full Version : Nickajack 10-26-11

Alphahawk
10-26-2011, 05:49 PM
Only caught 5 Crappie today. The biggest one in the pic is 15 inches and the others are like the other one in the pic...13-14 inches. I arrived at 7:30AM and was catching quite an assortment of fish...Large Mouth...Spots...of which I brought two home for supper. Also was catching hand sized Bluegill and Shell Crackers. I bet that place is eat up with Shell Crackers in the Spring. At 11:00AM the wind started howling and the fish stopped biting. I tried for a couple of more hours but nothing..not even the Bluegill. Will give it a rest and hit it again Monday. Am picking up a new reel tomorrow for Crappie fishing...it takes in 10 less inches per turn than the Shimano's. Really looking forward to trying that.

Regards

Travis C.
10-27-2011, 07:29 AM
Nice crappie Alpha, I was hoping to get out a little again today but there still rain drops falling here.

Alphahawk
10-27-2011, 07:42 AM
Nice crappie Alpha, I was hoping to get out a little again today but there still rain drops falling here.

Thanks...Yes it is a Crappie kind of day...if not for the front. I have been burned too many times driving a long way after a front and striking out....but there have been a few times I have done well. I usually prefer to fish on a cloudy day or even when it is raining for Crappie..and some other species. I know I said I was not going back until Monday but knowing me I won't be able to stay in knowing there are fish to be caught...LOL

Regards