PDA

View Full Version : Striper and Cats on OH

Jim
10-25-2011, 09:09 PM
Went fishing Sunday afternoon and after work today (Tuesday) and the fishing has been real good on Old Hickory. The striper are biting well and so are the big cats. I caught 4 striper from 8 to 17 lbs and lost a number more. Also got flathead and blue cats from 10 to 25 lbs and my buddy got a 36 lb blue in his boat in the same area. We also got broke off on some big fish that were hard to stop. My guess was big flathead catfish or stripers.

The fish are on the edge of the main channel holes any where from 22 to 55 ft deep. Mostly right on the drop off to the deep water. The cats were a little deeper than the stripers, but all were caught on down-lined gizzard shad from 6 to 8 inches long.

I will post a few pics after I get them off my phone.

Also got a report from another friend that the bass have been on fire on main lake points. I haven't stopped striper fishing long enough to check out the bass action.

It will be interesting to see what the incoming cold front does to the fishing. Probably will make the stripers even more active, but may slow the bass some.

Jim

RiverShoes
10-25-2011, 10:30 PM
Good info, thanks for the report and post up those pictures! ;-)