PDA

View Full Version : A Crappie Kind of Day.

Alphahawk
10-19-2011, 07:39 AM
Well the wind is a bit much but other than that this is Crappie weather. I have cooler loaded and am going to hope they are still on location and will bite after this front. Will post if I get into them again. Gotta love those Crappie!

Regards

Scott715
10-19-2011, 12:27 PM
Good luck. Let us know how you do. I caught a few in 10 - 12 ft of water the other day and I've got the bug again. I have a midterm exam tomorrow, but plan getting out this weekend when the sun is back out. I will probably be running for bass and crappie.

Alphahawk
10-19-2011, 06:54 PM
Good luck. Let us know how you do. I caught a few in 10 - 12 ft of water the other day and I've got the bug again. I have a midterm exam tomorrow, but plan getting out this weekend when the sun is back out. I will probably be running for bass and crappie.

I only caught 4 fish today...but all 4 were 13-14 inches. I believe they are still there...I think fishing the backside of a cold front slowed them down. I will find out Friday and Monday...as I will go there Monday with my son and the Trout Magnet PR guy wants to go down there Friday. If the generation schedule was not so whacky I would take him back to Pickwick Friday but they are only running number one late in the day...at least this week so far. I am going to Normandy tomorrow. I have Crappie fever bad!

Regards

Scott715
10-20-2011, 06:56 AM
I caught four the other day, but only one was a keeper. I think after the next few days/nights the water is going to drop well into the 60s and hopefully the bite will pick up for all species of fish.