PDA

View Full Version : Missing boater at Hurricane area

fisherman550
10-17-2011, 06:11 PM
Can anyone tell me if they want or need help with the search for the guy who is missing from this area? I would be willing to assist in the search, and have the bottom/sidescan equipment that might help.

Travis C.
10-17-2011, 06:57 PM
Is this a new missing person or are you talking about the Dr from St Thomas that went missing a week or so ago?

If its the Dr, the haven't found him yet and have cut resources back on the search. A bunch of people and crews worked around the clock with sonar like you have plus the underwater tow cameras for several days. A couple places they thought may turn something up divers went down and still no body as of Saturday morning.

I am sure if your out there, the family would appreciate any spare moments of help.

Most of the guys/girls who do the serach and recovery are volunteers. They spend long hours, time off their day jobs and travel all over the state to help when needed. To do all this with out pay is something that really needs to be praised. I have all the respect in the world for them.