PDA

View Full Version : Center Hill

Cornbread
10-16-2011, 09:05 PM
Went to Center Hill Saturday for the first time. It was tough. 12 Spots and one small mouth. Windy and cool. Also, the search and rescue team was still out. I had forgotten about that up to that point. it really kinda made the day fishing odd as it really brings to mind how dangerous a day on the water can be. We fished main lake points around hurricane and floating Mill area with live minnows and shiners. water temp at 72.5 give or take a degree or two.

fisherman550
10-17-2011, 09:14 AM
Thanks for your report-makes me feel a little better about our trip Sunday. Bright sunshine with lots of wind. Also a surprising number of pleasure boaters for this time of year.
Walleye fished around Floating Mill and the gravel banks down stream from there. One walleye, several catfish and a couple of small spots.
Water temp averaged around 70 most of the day. Hard day trolling with the wind and waves from the larger boats, but still great to be out.

Cornbread
10-17-2011, 09:24 AM
Didn't seem very fishy for sure. It seems are a million spotted bass on that lake though. I'm looking forward to a trip there with the weather being a little more stable.

fisherman550
10-17-2011, 06:08 PM
Went to Center Hill Saturday for the first time. It was tough. 12 Spots and one small mouth. Windy and cool. Also, the search and rescue team was still out. I had forgotten about that up to that point. it really kinda made the day fishing odd as it really brings to mind how dangerous a day on the water can be. We fished main lake points around hurricane and floating Mill area with live minnows and shiners. water temp at 72.5 give or take a degree or two.

Have you heard any more about the missing boater? Do you know if they are accepting search help? I have a HB 998Csi on my boat and would be willing to help search the area if they want or need help. I fish that area a lot and know the bottom structure pretty well.

Cornbread
10-18-2011, 08:30 AM
No I haven"t, They appeared to be dragging. I was never in a position to speak to any one, but they had what looked like maybe 4-6 boats concentrated in one area.

Doc Marshall
10-18-2011, 04:31 PM
Well, an employee found a gun case in the trash near the lake. It belonged to the doctor. Someone also saw him with a cinder block on the back of the kayak.

Very sad.

fisherman550
10-18-2011, 05:11 PM
I heard they were treating this like a crime scene so I didn't go down there today. Not trying to imply anything, just what I heard.

Cornbread
10-19-2011, 08:03 AM
I couldn't really tell what agency was heading that whole deal up.The boats werent that well marked and the trucks were gone when I returned to ramp that afternoon.