PDA

View Full Version : Pickwick 10-15-11

Alphahawk
10-15-2011, 09:06 PM
Had so much fun yesterday had to go back today. They turned on boil number one at 2:00PM. Caught lots of White Bass..but no Stripers. Not as much water today and I am sure the Stripers moved in later but I was out of there at 4:30PM. After about an hour of pulling Whites out I had to go over and see if any big Crappie have moved in next to the lock. Caught quite a few 10 inch fish and a whole lot of juvenile Crappie and then got into a couple of nice ones. They are still not in there with any numbers yet but I give it 3 more weeks and should be giving up some good fish. Water temp is 70 degrees at surface. The pic is of the low end of what you would normally catch in there...but I would certainly keep a limit of these. If anyone is wanting to catch some catfish they are over by the lock by the 100's. You can see them up at the top of the parking lot looking down to the water....and they are some really nice ones too. Going to try and catch some Spots and Crappie at Nickajack on Monday.

Regards

TNRACER93
10-15-2011, 10:52 PM
Looks like fun...

MNfisher
10-16-2011, 08:32 AM
I am off to Pickwick in about a half hour due to all of Alphahawks posts! I will post my results when I return!! Have a great day yall!!

Moby Bass
10-19-2011, 12:07 PM
I am off to Pickwick in about a half hour due to all of Alphahawks posts! I will post my results when I return!! Have a great day yall!!

LOL, he has me about ready to make a day trip down there this Saturday. :D

Travis C.
10-19-2011, 12:14 PM
You are single handedly boosting the economy Alphahawk in gas sales to Pickwick!

Now there is a stimulus plan I can live with.. :D

MNfisher
10-19-2011, 06:09 PM
My trip was good! We didn't catch hundreds of fish, but had about 20 whites, a handful of crappies, one 12 incher, handful of sunfish, a few small largemouth, one small smallmouth, one small rockfish, and about a 4lb catfish. Had constant action everywhere we tried, lock, generator, along the shore...everywhere there were some fish!! Just nothing much of size that day.

Alphahawk
10-19-2011, 06:48 PM
You are single handedly boosting the economy Alphahawk in gas sales to Pickwick!

Now there is a stimulus plan I can live with.. :D

Yeah I do spend a lot in gas. But that will stop with the kayak...I will have more access around home. Having said that I will still pick my days for the Crappie and White Bass.....Stripers at Pickwick...it is just too much fun and the Crappie fill my freezer through the winter.

Regards