PDA

View Full Version : Watch Your Posts!

clean air
10-13-2011, 10:32 PM
I saw alot of posts written by some of you guys and me in todays Tennesseean newspaper. Its under the lake report in the sports section. I dont mind helping our board members out but I dont think it should be published in the state paper.But everybody has a right to free speech!I never thought I would see one of my reports from this board published in the Tennesseean newspaper.BD I think they quoted you in there too.Hope things went well at the meeting.I was reading the paper on the way to Texas this morning and saw it.Funny!

Scott715
10-14-2011, 05:30 AM
Just goes to show that many people view the forums. I've had the same thing from some posts I made in the law enforcement forums regarding the "move over" laws. I don't mind. If I didn't want people to read it, I wouldn't post it.

tkwalker
10-14-2011, 11:44 AM
Just goes to show that many people view the forums. I've had the same thing from some posts I made in the law enforcement forums regarding the "move over" laws. I don't mind. If I didn't want people to read it, I wouldn't post it.

This is a forum opened to all members to post and open to the public to read. That is why I and bd try to monitor and police any undesireable posts and spamming activites. We try to keep it family oriented and informative for the Fishing and boating activites in Tennessee and surrounding States.

This forum is kind of like someone writing to a newspaper editor it can be read around the world. I own the website and have invited many different indites to use anything that is posted here. One for example is Doug Markham PR man for the TWRA and many other news outlets.

Scott, you are correct.The good part about this forum it promotes FishingTN.com and it brings in more members to post and gives the reading public more information about our sport. It also helps to alert the Fishing public of any changes of Regs and policies that the TWRA (or legislature) may be proposing. A good example of that is the recent posts by our members about the Commisioner Meeting that was held Yesterday on the 13th. (bd and I attended that meeting and bd is going to post a report shortly).
So If you post on FishingTN.com and it falls in the guide lines, don't be surprised to read it somewhere else. As far as the newspaper is concerend proper credit should have been given to the Author and source, but none the less if it was correct and not taken out of context I don't have a problem with it.

Thanks to all the members of Fishingtn.com for making it a source of information not only to our fishing community but as a source of information for newspapers and Goverenment agency's. Feel Honored.... <'TK><

thehick176
10-14-2011, 12:29 PM
Love the website. It has that feeling of sitting around at the local bait shop and shooting the breeze with buddies.