PDA

View Full Version : whats wrong with fishing on center hill last few weeks?

jonzed
10-11-2011, 08:48 PM
Me and my wife are fairly new to bass fishing but center hill has been very very difficult. only caught a couple half pounders all day last sunday. Is it just bad time of season? When will the fish start biting better? Any tips for us new folks? thanks

creeksmallie
10-12-2011, 06:51 AM
I have not been on Center Hill in the last two weeks but some of my local friends are catching fish on crawdad colored crank baits on the main lake points and back in the larger creeks shallow early then parelell 8 to 12 ft during the day. If you fish with live bait fish the deeper trees 15 to 40 ft down on steep banks with crawdads and night crawlers and you will catch plenty of spotted bass. The crappie bite has not been bad either but most of what I have heard is around the boat docks. You can't go wrong trolling deep cranks on the inside bends of the main channel 20 to 25ft year around.
Hope this helps
Mike Dial

fisherman550
10-18-2011, 05:14 PM
I don't fish for bass, but catch a lot of them while trolling night crawler rigs for walleye. Usually off rocky points in transition areas close to gravel and clay banks. Most come out of 20-30 feet of water.
Hope this helps in some way.

Jeff