PDA

View Full Version : Nickajack 10-5-11

Alphahawk
10-05-2011, 06:39 PM
Nothing happening below the dam today while I was there. Went over to the train trestle and caught 10 Spots all the same size as the one in the pic and 30 Large Mouth...also the same size. The Large Mouth were not big at all today. Had to down size my offering today and use "Purple Redemption" Trout Magnet on 3# test NanoFil with a 2# test leader. Had a hoot fighting those Spots. The water was up so could not get to the flat under and to the left of the bridge. Going to Pickwick tomorrow.....but going later. They are not turning on the number one boil until around 1:00PM.

Regards

Travis C.
10-05-2011, 07:22 PM
Those spots looked like a pretty nice size.

What the difference in the drive between Nickajack and Pickwick for you?

Alphahawk
10-05-2011, 07:54 PM
Those spots looked like a pretty nice size.

What the difference in the drive between Nickajack and Pickwick for you?

The Spots were nice size. That railroad trestle is a funny place to fish with the ebb and flow of water...almost like a tidal flow. But anyone can see it is a place to hold fish. I think on cloudy days one can really tear them up in that spot. Not to mention another spot I found that holds huge Large Mouth....could not fish it today as two vehicles already on it. Nickajack is 20 miles farther than Pickwick but I can get there quicker...it is all interstate for me. Plus US 64 is being made into 4 lane across the country so it slows me down getting to Pickwick.

Regards