PDA

View Full Version : Jacksonville 7-15-10

tnjimbob
09-29-2011, 04:30 PM
Haven't been here in a long time, mostly because I haven't been fishing in a long time!

Just now thought to share my fishing pics from last July from Jacksonville. I had never fished in the Atlantic, so I wanted to go at least once, and I am glad I did! I wanted to get a party trip together, but nobody else showed up that day, so I paid for a full day's trip by myself (my wife & girls do not like to fish at all), and had an incredible day trolling & bottom fishing.

I had too much fun that day, and I brought a freezer full of fish home with me. I will definitely go back when I can.

bd-
09-30-2011, 08:23 AM
Nice cobia!

bd

TNtransplant08
09-30-2011, 12:48 PM
Are those Mackeral or Wahoo? Great catch! I'm sure it made for great eating.

tnjimbob
09-30-2011, 04:40 PM
Those are King Mackerel. I haven't caught a wahoo yet, but I would like to.

Reel Tune
10-03-2011, 09:39 AM
Nice Cobia, and gotta love those Smoker Kings. Everytime we fish Jacksonville it always seems to be for Reds, Trout, and Flounder, I need to explore a little more. How far out were you?

Jeremy

tnjimbob
10-12-2011, 11:17 PM
Thanks. I've caught a few fish of that size before (a shark or two and previous kings in the Gulf), but I can't remember ever having that much fun.

We fished several spots, from about 9 miles out to 26 miles. Never been fishing that far from shore before.