PDA

View Full Version : Pickwick 9-28-11

Alphahawk
09-28-2011, 07:51 PM
I took a friend with me today who has never caught anything but Trout. But he is a good Trout fisherman and has caught huge Trout all over the USA. He goes out West a lot. You know how it is...you take someone to your magic fishing hole and the fish do not cooperate. That did not happen today but we had to wait. We got there way too early. I explained to my friend that we had to have a good flow of water or it would be no fish. We got into the fish around 2:00PM as all the generators had been running about an hour and I knew where the fish would be. He caught a ton of really nice White Bass and hooked into two Stripers...one the hook pulled out and the other he got in. I let him use my rig with the 10# test NanoFil and a Bass Pro Extreme Woo Daves Drop Shot rod....light action. I told him he would know when any size Striper hit as it would head for Kentucky..LOL. Well it did not head for Kentucky but it hit in the first boil and headed to the 5th boil before it stopped. I was on the net most of the day as we were fishing off the catwalk and the water did not come up that high. He wanted a pic of his first Striper and as I turned back to take the pic he said "Don't look". Some how he had snapped my Striper rig in half. I felt bad..he felt bad and he is going to replace it...stuff happens. There are no pics of any White Bass...he caught a lot and I worked my rear off on the net...he would cast again as soon as I had the fish off and he would get one on almost every cast by about 3:00PM. He had to be back home by 7:00PM and at 3:30 I told him we better start back...he lives in Franklin and had to drop me off in Columbia........but like a lot of us he wanted "one more". He had a great time and is meeting his grandson there in a few days to do it all again.

Regards

Travis C.
09-28-2011, 08:05 PM
Is that Ed?

Nice catching Alpha...

Alphahawk
09-28-2011, 08:29 PM
Is that Ed?

Nice catching Alpha...

Yeah..that's Ed..you know him? He felt bad about the rod. I didn't care if he replaced it or not. He did not ask to use the rod..I pushed it on him as he just did not have the equipment to fish with down there and I wanted him to enjoy himself...and he did....I think he will be going back there soon. My son just bought another rental house and he is busy with that but I can tell you he is losing sleep thinking aboput having another go at it down there after the day he had Monday.

Regards

Travis C.
09-28-2011, 08:42 PM
I don't know him personally but I met him back in 2007 down at Thayer Wilson Bridge (Stonewall) on the Caney. I remember the year because that was when my keys ended up locked in my car after fishing..Also noticed him on the Trout Magnet site.

Nice guy.. looks like he slimmed down a bit. He was the first person who ever told me about the Trout Magnet but unfortunately I didn't take him up on it then...