PDA

View Full Version : Any Luck on Old Hickory??

butts0907
09-23-2011, 12:05 PM
Is anyone doing any good with LM lately? I've struck out the past few times I've gone and I'm hoping to break that streak this weekend. Any input/advice (deep, shallow, structure, plastics, crankbaits, etc.) would be GREATLY appreciated!

-Paul

bd-
09-23-2011, 12:11 PM
Have you tried fishing the brush piles off the ends of the islands and mud bars along the main channel? Those tend to stack up with small shad and hold some good bass this time of year.

bd

Buccaneer
09-23-2011, 01:11 PM
It has been a struggle for me too. Run and Gun and hopefully find some topwater action. Last time out I found shad but they were suspended at around 12 feet. After a week of relatively stable weather hopefully we will begin to see a normal pattern develop.

Jim
09-23-2011, 07:40 PM
We wacked them good on Thursday. Main channel flats with cover, up river from Gallatin. Only fished a few hours, and had a least a dozen. could have caught more but I was fishing with an out-of-state guest and we did a lot of sightseeing also. The bite was good in the middle of the afternoon. Caught most on plastics and a few on spinnerbaits, but that was also all we used so they could have been biting on other baits also.

Another friend also caught plenty on Thursday fishing downlake, with a similar pattern. Also got a couple on red-eye shads.

A different friend said they got over 30 bass on Wednesday. Same pattern.

Fishing seems to be picking up.

Jim

PS - Got your email butts and will check my plans, but you could duplicate our night trip and should find fish. Stay toward the channel and main points and don't go to far back in the coves.