PDA

View Full Version : Foundationman 1

Foundationman 1
09-17-2011, 01:57 AM
does anyone know of a good quality repair man/woman that can replace/ fix rods and repair the early 80's model reels. i need a handle changed out on a early 80's rod, the rod is in great shape howver I am missing the tab that holds the rell into the handle and cannot find any parts for this rod. i also have several high end Shimano reels that are in need of repair.
any suggestions or referals would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Travis C.
09-18-2011, 06:19 AM
I haven't used them before but I know Poindexter's and Flipper's both in Gallatin either still is or was in the repair business.

Turkeyhunter_2008
09-18-2011, 04:45 PM
I'm not sure if Flipper still works on any reels but the ones he has sold anymore but he would be the first place I checked. He does great work. Never had any problems with anything he has done for me in the past. I do know that he still works on the old Zebco Cardinal reels.

Now if any of y'all have any of those old, ugly, sounds like a coffee grinder when you crank the handle, Zebco Cardinals sitting around collecting dust that you need to get rid of I will gladly give you info to ship them on to me to get them out of your way!!!
He he!! Lol

Foundationman 1
09-19-2011, 07:08 PM
Thanks for the info, I will try them both.
I have another reel that I fried this weekend on Cordell Hull at the mouth of Defeated Creek, I latched onto something that drug my 10' boat around like a little toy, I had my 40 lb trust trolling motor at full speed tring to keep up and the fish was still pulling drag. after 30-45 mintues I got it next to the boat, it was a 10' + spoon Bill, I got some great pictures but there was no way I could get this into my boat. now I need a old 1980's Garcia ambasador reaired. it wont cast anymore after this fish.

Travis C.
09-19-2011, 07:29 PM
Thanks for the info, I will try them both.
I have another reel that I fried this weekend on Cordell Hull at the mouth of Defeated Creek, I latched onto something that drug my 10' boat around like a little toy, I had my 40 lb trust trolling motor at full speed tring to keep up and the fish was still pulling drag. after 30-45 mintues I got it next to the boat, it was a 10' + spoon Bill, I got some great pictures but there was no way I could get this into my boat. now I need a old 1980's Garcia ambasador reaired. it wont cast anymore after this fish.

Wow :eek: Sounds like a fun ride.

Dad did that last time we were up at Defeated. He had a 35" striper grab the Wee-Wart he was using. We chased that fish with the trolling motor as well. He wanted to keep it and eat it for dinner. the only problem was it wouldn't fit in the livewell. We had to empty a storage box and even then the fish's tail came out of it. Seems like we fed everyone in the campground that night.