PDA

View Full Version : Gulf Shores AL

Boles
09-12-2011, 10:59 PM
I'm heading to Gulf Shores next week to do a little fishing. I plan on surf fishing, little lagoon pass, and maybe perdido pass. I plan on taking a 7ft MH with a Abu 5500, and a 7ft MH with a junk spinning reel. Any tips from folks that have done some good would be much appreciated. I'm thinking of making up a few popano leaders and taking a few jigs and spoons. Any tips on size and type of jigs? Types of live/frozen bait? Thanks for any help...I'll post pics when I get back.

GO-OKFISHIN
09-13-2011, 03:18 PM
I always fish a spoon either gold or silver. The Redfish are beginning their migration back out to the gulf so fishing on the beach should be pretty good. I have good luck on the East side of Perdido pass. The west side you have to fight all those rocks on the jetty. Little Lagoon is always good on the right tide. I usually fish it at the mouth where it enters the gulf but I have not fished it since the oil spill. This site has some pretty good info although most of it is about the pier at Gulf Shores State Park.
http://emeraldcoastpierfishing.myfastforum.org/forum40.php&sid=5ba4f2ba770cb7ee80020d1f7e0beaa9

Not sure about Pomps this time of year. I have always caught them in spring or early summer. Hard to beat shrimp live or dead. Good Luck

Boles
09-13-2011, 09:47 PM
Thanks...I'll let you know how I do. Do you think I'll need a FL license to fish the East side of the Pass?

Cornbread
09-14-2011, 02:44 PM
I grew up in florida and used to always make a sabiki rig with salmon egg hooks on a crappie rod. Tip them with a piece of squid preferably tentacles cut very small like a half a sweet pea.Drop that rig right beside a piling at the boat ramp or pier or anywhere.even if its 18 " deep. Pin fish is what your looking for. there like a saltwater bream or bluegill. Throw em in a bucket with a bubbler and take em to the pass that other post mentioned. get 5 or six early morning and try it out they work pretty good,and every thing will eat em. circle hooks work good as the bites are usually more like hit and run and setting the hook is difficult. Check the tides and good luck.