PDA

View Full Version : Ridgetop Lake 9/4

Travis C.
09-04-2011, 04:54 PM
Went out this morning for a couple hours between 630-830.

I fished out of a kayak for the first time. Not really a fan after that trip. May lower back is not interested in purchasing a kayak at this point.

The fishing was great even for only 2 hrs. Brought between 15-20 bluegill to the yak fishing about 3 foot deep along the sides of lily pads. The lure of choice was a blk/gld trout magnet and it was deadly. I missed several fish so the catch number could have went even higher. A few of the fish were not big but the majority were easily fillet size and a few covered my hand nicely.

Can't wait for the next trip.

Alphahawk
09-04-2011, 09:03 PM
Went out this morning for a couple hours between 630-830.

I fished out of a kayak for the first time. Not really a fan after that trip. May lower back is not interested in purchasing a kayak at this point.

The fishing was great even for only 2 hrs. Brought between 15-20 bluegill to the yak fishing about 3 foot deep along the sides of lily pads. The lure of choice was a blk/gld trout magnet and it was deadly. I missed several fish so the catch number could have went even higher. A few of the fish were not big but the majority were easily fillet size and a few covered my hand nicely.

Can't wait for the next trip.

Travis..what kayak did you try out??...and where is Ridge Top Lake??

Travis C.
09-05-2011, 09:02 AM
It was an Ocean Kayak yak board. Probably not fair to judge all by one and it could just have been a bad day for the back as well.

It is not a public lake but at one time was. My great aunt lives on it. It pre-dates WWII and was resort community for the TN wealthy. Now it is just a regular old small town. The lake has big crappie and big gills. There have been several over 6lb bass caught and a couple 10lbers but I think the bass population is hurting itself and needs thinning.

I think me and another older feller are the only two who ever fish it. He is all I ever see and at least he keeps fish to help some.

RiverShoes
09-05-2011, 10:44 AM
I looked that kayak up online, definitely doesn't look comfortable at all. My Coosa is REALLY comfortable, and my buddy had an Ascend D12 and it was pretty comfortable.