PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Kayak Anglers Sept 10th or 11th Nashville area gathering

Reel Tune
09-04-2011, 10:57 AM
Trying to guage some interest in getting some people together to fish next weekend in the Nashville/Middle Tennessee area? You can camp if you want, but I have animals to watch over so I have to stay at home, but if people did camp, I would be able to visit. Depending on how many people are interested depends on where we would fish (river, lake, or reservoir). I'm throwing this up on a couple boards so hopefully there will be a lot of us. Consider this more of like a meet and greet. Fish throught the morning have lunch, and then fish again and then dinner, or something like that, or just fish all day and eat Cliff bars.

You don't have to live in Tennessee this is for anyone who wants to fish, and just hang out, relax for a day or two, and just get to know others who enjoy fishing from paddle craft.

Who's interested so I can throw this thing together?

Greasy Ham
09-04-2011, 08:45 PM
I'd go and fish or float around for the day but not camp. I'm camped out right now after this weekend.

RiverShoes
09-06-2011, 11:35 AM
I'd be in, but I could only go if it's close to Nashville. My wife could go into labor at any time so I need to be close.

Doc Marshall
09-06-2011, 12:45 PM
I'd be up for it. I'm supposed to go Kayaking on the Duck River one of those days, but I'm willing to work around it.

Are you thinking river or lake?

Reel Tune
09-06-2011, 04:23 PM
I'm leaning toward lake right now because of the rain. It's going to muddy up the rivers, and the flow is going to jump. It will be a hit or miss if the rivers are back to good.

RiverShoes
09-06-2011, 10:06 PM
I could probably do Priest lake that morning, depends on how the wife is progressing though so don't plan around me.

Reel Tune
09-07-2011, 08:26 PM
Looks like we will be doing a lake on Saturday.
Choices:
Browns Creek, Williamsport, or Montgomery Bell

I would like to fish Browns I've only fished it once, but done ok, then Williamsport I've done well at times, and the wind isn't supposed to be bad so that will help there, and Montgomery Bell only fished it twice, and saw some nice bass.

Dose anyone have a preference?

Reel Tune
09-08-2011, 03:27 PM
Alright looks like Browns Creek Lake at 6:30 or 7am Saturday. If anyone would like to ride over I'm taking the trailer PM me or call eight, one, two-three, two, two - four, seven, one, one. I’m leaving Nashville around 5am. I'm coming from the east side and driving straight thru Nashville I will not drive out of my way to accommodate.

Jeremy

Travis C.
09-08-2011, 05:40 PM
In Oct of 09 TWRA shocked up a 16lb 15 oz bass out of there that would have beat state record by couple pounds if on a rod/reel. They released it of course but I highly doubt she was alone in the lake.

Greasy Ham
09-08-2011, 08:14 PM
Sorry I can't make that. Bit too much of a drive for me. Sorry.

Reel Tune
09-08-2011, 08:30 PM
In Oct of 09 TWRA shocked up a 16lb 15 oz bass out of there that would have beat state record by couple pounds if on a rod/reel. They released it of course but I highly doubt she was alone in the lake.

I read about it not long after it happened and seen a picture of it. I've only fished it once and caught more quality fish than not. The reason I chose this place is because there is a guy coming in from just south of Memphis, and wanted to make it kinda conveinient for everyone between here and there, and a good excuse to fish it again. It seems like we are always traveling out of state, or to NE Tennessee to fish. It was origionally planned to do a day long river float which I prefer to fishing a lake, but with all the water I figured the rivers would be high, and muddy.

RiverShoes
09-09-2011, 03:24 PM
I'm out, the wife delivered my son. Yall have fun, and post up some pictures! :)

Reel Tune
09-09-2011, 04:46 PM
I'm out, the wife delivered my son. Yall have fun, and post up some pictures! :)

Congratulations, you post up some pics also. I'll try to get another get together going before it gets to cold for anyone to want to come out and play, next time with a little more warning hopefully.