PDA

View Full Version : Ohd 08/28/2011 2pm-7:30pm

lupanfreitag
08-29-2011, 10:26 AM
Last night was one the best nights all year.
Stripe 38 Biggest 8lbs
Channel Cats 8 biggest 8lbs
Gar 4 3.5 feet
Smallmouth-1 4lbs, 19 inches
Sauger 17 inches
I had bruises on my stomach and under my arms where I was craddling the rod.

Between 6:30PM and 7:30 I caught at least 20 of my fish. I couldn't get them off fast enough to rebait and hook another.

I am going twice more this week.

* I understand that most of the people of this board are good folks but allow me to say this. Please be safe around dams: do not get too close, do not run full bore two feet from another boat, don't cast over another's line.
At one point I could literally have reached out and snatched the cig from the guy in the boat next to me. My only salvation is that they didn't catch squat even in the same spot. There are enough fish for all of us. Don't be greedy. By the way, the boats under the dam are harvesting way too many fish. I am going to call DNR next time.

jackson
08-29-2011, 10:37 AM
Sounds like a great night! Do you have any pictures?

YumDinger
08-29-2011, 10:38 AM
When you say stripe, do you mean white bass?

lupanfreitag
08-29-2011, 11:12 AM
Stripe=stripers, should have said rock fish. I did catch white bass too but only about 4. I left those off the list.

I took video. I can't post that. I have some great video of my reel screaming and the rock fish bursting to the surface then taking off again.

Reel Tune
08-29-2011, 01:14 PM
Sounds like a great evening (fish wise). Sorry about your encounters with the other not so curtious people. I keep the TWRA number in my phone (all regions), and local police/sheriffs office. If i'm traveling I look up the local numbers for where I will be and put them in my phone for the week or weekend.

lupanfreitag
08-29-2011, 01:19 PM
That's a good idea. I will do that.

Fishaholic
08-29-2011, 09:30 PM
Awesome:d

Dakota
08-29-2011, 09:34 PM
Man I left about noon that day. I caught mostly white bass .I wasn't using live bait though. Where is the best place u get your shad with your cast net below the dam? Last night was one the best nights all year.
Stripe 38 Biggest 8lbs
Channel Cats 8 biggest 8lbs
Gar 4 3.5 feet
Smallmouth-1 4lbs, 19 inches
Sauger 17 inches
I had bruises on my stomach and under my arms where I was craddling the rod.

Between 6:30PM and 7:30 I caught at least 20 of my fish. I couldn't get them off fast enough to rebait and hook another.

I am going twice more this week.

* I understand that most of the people of this board are good folks but allow me to say this. Please be safe around dams: do not get too close, do not run full bore two feet from another boat, don't cast over another's line.
At one point I could literally have reached out and snatched the cig from the guy in the boat next to me. My only salvation is that they didn't catch squat even in the same spot. There are enough fish for all of us. Don't be greedy. By the way, the boats under the dam are harvesting way too many fish. I am going to call DNR next time.

MNfisher
08-29-2011, 10:14 PM
Thats AWESOME! Need a partner next time?? HAHA! Keep up the good work!

lupanfreitag
08-30-2011, 07:16 AM
I casted my net in the generation boils. Much more concentration. Let the net fall for about 10 seconds or more. I was almost out of cord and pulled up about 100 each time.

I caught some white bass but rock fish and cats were crazy... the year is coming to a close, they are stocking up.

The smallies are there too in certain pockets... Please release all.

jaycee
08-30-2011, 09:47 AM
Which boat ramp do you use?

Dakota
08-30-2011, 09:20 PM
Thanks I may see u out there next time. Let me know when your going happy fishing.I casted my net in the generation boils. Much more concentration. Let the net fall for about 10 seconds or more. I was almost out of cord and pulled up about 100 each time.

I caught some white bass but rock fish and cats were crazy... the year is coming to a close, they are stocking up.

The smallies are there too in certain pockets... Please release all.