PDA

View Full Version : nighttime crappie fishing on percy priest?

nofish
08-25-2011, 10:59 PM
I'm going with my girlfriend on the boat Friday night to try to catch some nighttime crappies. Has anybody been doing any good catching crappies in numbers at night? I bought 2 floating lights tonight, some tubes, beetlespins, and I'll be taking minnows. I've caught crappie but I've never targeted them so any help would be appreciated. The few reports I've heard have been during the daytime. I plan on fishing structure in the 10-30ft range and I'll probably try around some bridges, but that's all I have planned for now. Total shot in the dark. I'm not looking for your spots just tactics that have been producing crappie at night for you.

Thanks,
Jeff

Alphahawk
08-25-2011, 11:12 PM
I'm going with my girlfriend on the boat Friday night to try to catch some nighttime crappies. Has anybody been doing any good catching crappies in numbers at night? I bought 2 floating lights tonight, some tubes, beetlespins, and I'll be taking minnows. I've caught crappie but I've never targeted them so any help would be appreciated. The few reports I've heard have been during the daytime. I plan on fishing structure in the 10-30ft range and I'll probably try around some bridges, but that's all I have planned for now. Total shot in the dark. I'm not looking for your spots just tactics that have been producing crappie at night for you.

Thanks,
Jeff

I don't have any spots to give you but sounds like you have your tactics down. You have minnows and some good Crappie lures...good luck.

nofish
08-27-2011, 02:04 PM
I don't have any spots to give you but sounds like you have your tactics down. You have minnows and some good Crappie lures...good luck.

Thanks

nofish
08-27-2011, 02:08 PM
Went last night and got skunked. I'm going tomorrow morning to try again. Any tips for daytime crappie? Going to use minnows and try to find some brushpiles.

tsuggs
08-28-2011, 09:35 AM
A simple technique tha t has worked for me is the kentucky rig.I find structure on or near the channel ledge.this is strictly slow vertical fishing and i usually use a variety of tubes.i have a cheap hummnbird finder to locate the channel dropoff and brushpiles.use and trust yer finder,slow down,and dont stay in one place too long.the slabbers,fer me are always a little deeper.Hope this helps.

nofish
08-30-2011, 03:35 PM
A simple technique tha t has worked for me is the kentucky rig.I find structure on or near the channel ledge.this is strictly slow vertical fishing and i usually use a variety of tubes.i have a cheap hummnbird finder to locate the channel dropoff and brushpiles.use and trust yer finder,slow down,and dont stay in one place too long.the slabbers,fer me are always a little deeper.Hope this helps.

thanks. i didn't do any better in the daytime. good info though. i caught 1 white bass and a 16" lm bass. i'm going to try again this weekend with my boss who is a big crappie fisherman and see what i can learn.:D

Reel Tune
08-31-2011, 08:28 AM
I think you need to change your screen name, and you might have better luck. jk:)

Travis C.
08-31-2011, 09:18 AM
nofish- Check your pm's