PDA

View Full Version : Prayers Needed...

Travis C.
08-24-2011, 07:08 AM
My counsin's 5 mo old son went to Vandy's Children Hospital last week listless and blue with swelling in his head. The doctors diagnosed him with Spinal Meningitis. After a few days and getting antibiotics they were able to get things under control enough for him to go home but still have routine ultrasounds for his head. Yesterday was his first ultrasound since going home and the swelling around his brain is back. They have a meeting with the neurosurgeon on Monday about possibly putting in a shut to drain off the fluid.

This little fellow is just getting started in his journey. Please pray for his mom and that the doctors will have the ability to do what is needed. Luckily my uncle was able to come back home from Abu Dhabi and the boy's father was able to come home a couple days from boot camp to be with them.

Thanks everyone

Buccaneer
08-24-2011, 02:28 PM
Got your family covered. They can work miracles at Vandy Childrens Hospital.

Turkeyhunter_2008
08-24-2011, 08:03 PM
Our thoughts and prayers are with y'all. Hopefully the enlisted Grandfather and Dad (Thank you both for your service!!) can both stay home to help support the family.

Travis C.
08-25-2011, 07:16 AM
enlisted Grandfather and Dad (Thank you both for your service!!) can both stay home to help support the family.

Thanks Turkeyhunter, the dad is enlisted and has already had to go back. My uncle is a govt contractor engineer who works on military aircraft mods and has to go back Sunday. I guess that is the safest way to say it on a public forum.

Thank you guys for your prayers and thoughts.

Catchingtrout
08-29-2011, 11:18 AM
Thoughts, Prayers, and lots of hope are on the way Travis.

Reel Tune
08-29-2011, 12:49 PM
Prayers being sent for the family.

Fish Whisperer
08-30-2011, 08:49 PM
Prayers sent...

Foundationman 1
09-17-2011, 01:49 AM
you and your family will be in my familys prayers, please thank those family members for their service and let them know that there are many people praying for them.