PDA

View Full Version : Old Hickory 8/20 Night

Travis C.
08-22-2011, 08:52 PM
Finally made it back out to some warmer water for a change and the fish weren'y too welcoming. I only caught a stinking warmouth but had several bites no luck connecting. Dad managed to catch 4 or 5 catfish on his shaky head. We fished shallow rock, deep creek channels, channel banks with rock, channel bank with timber, boat docks and a flat. About the only things going on were a couple drunk guys driving ski boats up and down the lake full speed while doing "S" turns. It was 12 midnight and not 12 noon when they were doing this. I am just glad to have not gotten hit by these fools.

Oh well better luck next time... Maybe this Saturday night will be better. I may try another spot on the lake with bluffs until I get a feel for them again. We only seen one bass which was at the ramp on our way out I guess laughing at us as we loaded.

clean air
08-22-2011, 09:08 PM
Its easy to hit things on that lake espically at night.Stupid drunks!

RiverShoes
08-23-2011, 10:19 AM
Where do you put in on OH for night time? Are you in the yak?

Travis C.
08-23-2011, 10:28 AM
Where do you put in on OH for night time? Are you in the yak?

90% of the time in summer I put in at Rockland. I may not fish right there every night but that is where I will put in and go upstream or to my spots nearby.

No, I use my bass boat now that its back from getting the 24v system fixed. I still haven't put the kayak in the water. Actually thinking about taking it back over to the guys house where I borrowed it since the yak just sits.