PDA

View Full Version : TWRA out on the Caney

Travis C.
08-03-2011, 10:53 AM
I thought about including this in the ongoing Caney thread but figured it would get lost:

Taken from the recent reports section (8/1) on David's blogspot (Southeastern Fly.com)

"The TWRA guys are on the river. We have seen them the last 5 out of 6 times we have been out there. On the most recent trip they were writing tickets to a guy who kept fish that were too short. The reported fine was approximately $400.00. That's a lot of fresh salmon at Kroger if you do the math. Hopefully the Judge will back the guys who wrote the ticket if this dude decides to appear in the Court room."

Keep in mind whether for or against the current regs that is a chunk of change to fork over to someone for a meal or two. If you want to keep some to eat make sure they are legal fish.

bd-
08-03-2011, 02:06 PM
Thumbs up to TWRA for the enforcement on the river!!!

bd

Reel Tune
08-03-2011, 02:08 PM
As I really don't fish the Caney or for trout, it's good to hear the TWRA is out and about patrolling our beautiful waters keeping the dis honest in check. I've been here for two years and have spent around 1200 hrs on the water and have only been checked one time. I do purchace a trout stamp because I beleive in helping out our fisheries any way possible. Glad to hear they are out working hard in this heat keeping our waters safe.

tjustin
08-03-2011, 02:09 PM
Thumbs up to TWRA for the enforcement on the river!!!

bd

Its Awesome to see limits and regulations getting enforced , espcially on the caney !

fisherman550
08-03-2011, 05:00 PM
I do all my fishing above the dam. I get stopped nearly every time I'm out. In fact, they have checked me so often they know my boat and usually just want to know if I have fish. I'm glad they are out there, and glad they are writing tickets to folks who would rob the rest of us.