PDA

View Full Version : Floating Mill-Center Hill

fisherman550
07-15-2011, 08:11 PM
Went to Floating Mill on Monday afternoon to camp. Went out about 6 pm, fished until dark. Got one 19 inch walleye in the first 30 minutes, nothing after that. Not even bream were biting. Went out before daylight on Tuesday-no fish. Stayed out until about 11:00. Back out in the late afternoon-got a 23 inch walleye a little before dark.
No fish at all on Wednesday-only fished early morning. Thursday, fished from about 5:30 until 1:30-got two 19 inch walleye within 10 minutes of each other, at the same spot. Both just a little after noon. No bites at all during the morning hours.
Went back out Friday morning from 6am until 9:30 am. No big bites-only a few small bream. Had to load up and come home by then.
Seems the bite is in the afternoon/evening with this hot water situation. Water temp was as high as 96 on Monday afternoon, but after the rains each day, it got down to 84 on Thursday and Friday.
If you intend to stay out long in these temps, I suggest a cooler with ice for your fish-mine only lasted about an hour in the livewell-had to put them on ice. All fish caught in about 20 ft. of water, trolling at 1 mph, using nightcrawler rigs. Saw lots of guys pulling crankbaits-didn't see any of them catching. That doesn't mean they didn't catch, I just didn't see them.
Will try again in same area in two weeks. Always try to go when I have at least a week to camp there.
Jeff