PDA

View Full Version : Wading Boot Repair

Travis C.
06-30-2011, 08:03 PM
I am in real need of new boots but unfortunately they aren't in the list much less at the bottom. I have the Red Head felt sole boots with the velcro straps. They have been good boots and lasted 4 years or so now. The soles are coming off and the heel split on one the toes split on the other.

What to do? Gorrilla Glue :D

I glued all the cracks...then taped them good to give a clamp effect. After three hours they are solid. It will be a temporary fix but one that may last me through the rest of the year until Christmas.

Add that to the list of things you can glue with Gorrilla Glue..great stuff.

jaycee
07-02-2011, 10:46 AM
What kind of warranty? Call Redhead and complain and tell them of your problem, they may help you out. Should last more than 4 years. Mine have.

bd-
07-02-2011, 10:14 PM
I don't know. Depending on how much you use them, four years isn't too bad for felt soles.

bd

creeksmallie
07-03-2011, 07:05 AM
Old pair of tennis shoes or old pair of thick soled boots and put small square head screws in sole when the boots wear out. If you can find used golf shoes with the metal spikes they work well but get them big cause the leather will draw up if all leather.

bd-
07-03-2011, 06:36 PM
Note: studded boots or shoes are great for wading, but do not wear them in my boat, or it could be hazardous to your health. :)

bd