PDA

View Full Version : need some help please!!!

Reaper7807
06-25-2011, 10:02 PM
Hey all, I'm Ray from Clarksville, TN.
Usually I fish at Paris Landing, Cross Creeks, Dyers Creek and the steam plant. This year however catfish seemed to be looong gone.

I have some buddies who have told me about a few other places, but I have NO IDEA how to get to them how good they are for fishing...

Lock C
Hiwassee River
Chickamauga River
Fall Creek Falls Lake
Pickwick Dam
Bumpus Mills
Cordell Hull
Old Hickory Dam

If anyone could give some input on these locations that would be GREAT! or how to get to them would be awesome as well!

Ray

lupanfreitag
06-26-2011, 08:16 AM
It is excellent. If the discharge drops a little, to around 12,000cfs you can do very well. 5000-7000 cfs is perfect. I always put in at the ramp at the dam on the Old Hickory side. Cut skipjack/nightcrawlers do well.

bd-
06-26-2011, 11:42 AM
I would mark the Hiwassee off the list. It is very scenic, and there is okay trout fishing, but in my opinion it's very overrated. The striper fishing on the lower Hiwassee closer to Chickamauga is reputably not bad though I haven't tried it.

Old Hickory Dam has pretty good fishing for catfish, sauger, and white bass when the conditions are right. Lots of species like carp, buffalo, and skipjack too. Do a Google search for Rockland Recreation area for directions.

Cordell Hull has good bass fishing and some decent channel catfish.

Lock C is near Clarksville and has some big blue catfish.

Chickamauga near Chattanooga has some big blue cats as well, but it's a big lake. Local guide Richard Simms posts here sometimes and possibly could give you guidance on where to go.

bd

Travis C.
06-26-2011, 12:27 PM
Since you are in Clarksville

Go to Lock C park and take some fresh cut skippies in the early mornings or late evenings.

Directions: Take 79 South toward Dover Tennessee about 8 miles from 41-A there will be Lylewood road on the left. That part of Lylewood is hwy233, turn left onto lylewood road, and go about ten miles, to a three way stop turn left you will still be on Lylewood no longer hwy233 and go about four mile the road will curve to the right and the river will be on your left, Turn left onto gravel road and you are there.

If not familiar with mapquest the area to see.

Below all Dams will hold fish and especially along the wing walls by the locks. The only problem is they are best fished by boat. For all around cat fishing and drive go to Lock C. If you are looking for some braggin fish go below the Steam Plant in Feb or below Chickamauga pretty much anytime both by boat and don't bring a fly swatter to a tennis match if you know what I mean.

Reaper7807
06-26-2011, 07:55 PM
thanks alot guys!

Im going out to Lock C or Bumpus Mills tomorrow, pending what the others choose.

I used to do some real good fishing under a bridge close to Dyers Creek. unfortunately i dont have a boat anymore.

Lock C and Bumpus sound promising, ive got a rigging setup to attempt as a catfish attractor setup, but ill getting some mullet and shrimp to try out.

I will let yall know how it goes!

and if anyone else has input, please share!