PDA

View Full Version : Where to get rid of an old boat?

Travis C.
06-02-2011, 08:21 AM
My dad may be buying an old late 70's model fiberglass tri-hull for the motor and trailer to put on his aluminum grizzly project. The only thing keeping him from it is he doesn't know what to do with the boat once he takes off what he needs. The boat hull is in bad shape and transom completely rotted out.

Any ideas?

I hate to tell him to pass on a 95 70hp Force motor with low hrs and a pretty good trailer for $450 because he can't get rid of the boat hull.

bd-
06-02-2011, 05:02 PM
Put it up on the Free Section of Craigslist. Someone will almost surely show up and take it off your hands.

I have given away unbelievable useless junk on the Craigslist Free Section.

bd

tntitans21399
06-03-2011, 07:28 AM
You might want to call the closest dump/landfill near you. Call the actually dump/landfll & not one of the smaller drop off centers. It will cost to dump anything at the landfilll but they can tel you the price. And if you go to the landfill I would take a chain with a hook & get one of the tractors to hookup to the boat & pull it right off the trailer.

RiverShoes
06-03-2011, 08:07 AM
+1 on the Craigslist, those people will take anything as long as it's free

If not, you can take it to the dump. But you might have to take a chainsaw to it first just to make it more manageable. It'll probably cost you around $12.

Travis C.
06-03-2011, 02:39 PM
Do you guys think any of the local diving clubs would want it to stink somewhere?

Buccaneer
06-03-2011, 03:20 PM
"Do you guys think any of the local diving clubs would want it to stink somewhere?"
Isn't it already pretty stinky now?
I suspect there must be some sort of Corps permitting required to intentionally sink a vessel. If you do however please post the GPS coordinates!

Travis C.
06-03-2011, 03:48 PM
"Do you guys think any of the local diving clubs would want it to stink somewhere?"
Isn't it already pretty stinky now?
I suspect there must be some sort of Corps permitting required to intentionally sink a vessel. If you do however please post the GPS coordinates!

LOL... ah the wonders that spell check will do if you use it.

I know they dive in a lot of quarry's. I wouldn't sink it in the lakes. You side scan guys would just end up finding it anyways.

I could add it to the collection on the Caney. :D

tjustin
06-03-2011, 09:27 PM
LOL... ah the wonders that spell check will do if you use it.

I know they dive in a lot of quarry's. I wouldn't sink it in the lakes. You side scan guys would just end up finding it anyways.

I could add it to the collection on the Caney. :D

LOL!

butts0907
06-16-2011, 03:54 PM
My dad may be buying an old late 70's model fiberglass tri-hull for the motor and trailer to put on his aluminum grizzly project. The only thing keeping him from it is he doesn't know what to do with the boat once he takes off what he needs. The boat hull is in bad shape and transom completely rotted out.

Any ideas?

I hate to tell him to pass on a 95 70hp Force motor with low hrs and a pretty good trailer for $450 because he can't get rid of the boat hull.

Travis,

I don't know if you're still looking to unload the boat, but I just came across this on Craigs List:

"do you or someone you know has an old junk boat,running or not motor or no motor trailer or no trailer that you are tired of looking at or want to dispose of? I will come to you and get rid of that eysore at absolutely no cost to you!please email with details/pictures or call me 615 600 7239"

I can't vouch for this guy, but thought you may want to give him a call if you're still looking to get rid of it.

Thanks!

Travis C.
06-16-2011, 04:54 PM
Thanks, I will forward it on to dad.

jaysouth
06-17-2011, 08:18 AM
Put it on a vacant lot somewhere along D.B. Todd Ave. Put a sign on it offering it for sale for $400 or best offer.

It will be gone before dawn the next day.

I have had good success getting rid of debris from former tenants using this method.:p