PDA

View Full Version : Center Hill This Week Report

creeksmallie
05-26-2011, 11:22 PM
Sunday we were on the hill helping family with a new boat and teaching them the lake. John and Jackie and I were able to fish a few hours and caught some decent Spots and lost 7 fishing Rapala X raps twitched tight to bank. We also tried deep trees with the night crawlers and caught some nice giils. Tuesday , Steve Finch met me at the ramp at 7 we waited the end of a storm cell to go over and we had a dry day but windy late. We started fishing Jacks Worm on waited hook shallow and out to 15 feet or so on the points and had steady action catchin 4 and loosing 3 in about in an hour. We then went to the deeper trees(with night crawlers) in 10 to 25 ft of water and caught 1 smallie,3 Largemouth 25 plus Spots and a bunch of gills and a bonus 8 pound cat on ultra light rods. The gills are still fairly deep and seem to have not moved much to the bedding areas. With the lake still high there is great cover for this method of catching fish all day long. The fish that Steve is pictured with is the size range of the spots and the largemouth I am holding are the largest we caught. If you want to learn a great method of catching spots and big gills year round on Center Hill give me a shout. I can handle 3 clients at a time fishing this method.
Mike Dial www.tennesseebassguides (http://www.tennesseebassguides) 615-556-0281

bd-
05-27-2011, 10:24 PM
Sounds like an awesome day. I would have thought the fishing on the lake side would be kind of screwy with the Corps dropping the lake so fast, but it sounds like you're doing pretty good.

Hey Mike, check your messages - I've got a question for you.

bd