PDA

View Full Version : Woods on Saturday

aero320
05-15-2011, 08:02 PM
Made a trip to Woods on Saturday. The new rec area is very nice. They have replaced the boat ramp with a new one with floating dock. The old dock is gone and they have built some nice fishing piers and a walking bridge that crosses to an adjacent point. Caught crappie (all small), largemouth, smallmouth, catfish, bluegill, and white bass. I will take my young grandson on the next trip.

Then I caught about two dozen live shad with a cast net, put them in the bait tank, and headed to Tims Ford. Checked a lot of points and banks with the depth finder and structure scan and located some rockfish on a point. Caught them until dark, 10 lb. was largest.

A great trip!

Baxter83
05-16-2011, 02:55 PM
Sounds like fun! I drove through there last week on my way home from work and the little bridge still wasn't finished, but was almost all the way across. I grew up fishing around morris ferry. Me and a friend would help the owners of the old store clean up around the docks in the winter and they'd hook us up with bait pretty much every time we came out there during the spring and summer (which was almost every weekend during our summer vacations)