PDA

View Full Version : Good fishing around Cookeville other than the Caney...

jad2t
05-14-2011, 09:55 PM
I frequently wade in the Caney but of course that won't be possible for a few more weeks. I'm dying to flyfish for trout and don't know where to go within a 20-30 mile radius. I've been flyfishing at Cane Creek Park just to at least feed my hunger to fish but that lake sucks. Does anyone know if the Calf Killer is safe to wade in? I'd hate to drive all the way down there and not be able to fish it. I know obviously Center Hill Lake is a great place to fish but I don't have a boat and I don't know of any good bank access areas. Help! I'm dying to flyfish some good waters!!

tjustin
05-15-2011, 08:19 PM
I frequently wade in the Caney but of course that won't be possible for a few more weeks. I'm dying to flyfish for trout and don't know where to go within a 20-30 mile radius. I've been flyfishing at Cane Creek Park just to at least feed my hunger to fish but that lake sucks. Does anyone know if the Calf Killer is safe to wade in? I'd hate to drive all the way down there and not be able to fish it. I know obviously Center Hill Lake is a great place to fish but I don't have a boat and I don't know of any good bank access areas. Help! I'm dying to flyfish some good waters!!

Did you ever do anygood fly fishing cane creek?

jad2t
05-15-2011, 08:29 PM
I catch a lot of bluegill and small bass. It's better than nothing. I want to try the Calf Killer river tomorrow. Can anyone tell me if this river is safe to wade in right now?

bd-
05-19-2011, 07:16 PM
I don't know about the Calfkiller. Pine, Sink, Charles, and Mountain Creeks between Smithville and McMinnville should be fishable. Might try the upper Collins too, but it may still be high.

bd

Ken C
05-20-2011, 05:58 AM
According to TVA the Collins is running 490 cu ft/sec at McMinnville.