PDA

View Full Version : Memphis Pond Fishing

RiverShoes
05-11-2011, 04:17 PM
I'm in Memphis for work this week, and will be a lot in the near future. There are a ton of ponds and little lakes around here to fish. But I've never had any luck in them. Last night I fished two different ponds in Germantown area that are right next to the river. Fished for about 6 hours, NOTHING!

I'm sick of getting skunked out here. It's bank fishing, and I threw everything I had at them with no results. Any pointers?

drrxnupe
05-11-2011, 08:46 PM
Try Glen Springs in Tipton county.

http://www.tn.gov/twra/fish/pond/TWRAfamlake/glennsprings.html

Was one of my favorite lakes before I left home.

RiverShoes
05-11-2011, 09:17 PM
That looks good, but it's a good distance from where I'm at in Germantown. Was looking more for advice on tactics for small water.

Dub J
05-12-2011, 08:20 AM
Sounds alot like my lil pond over by the house.....mabye its fished out dude. last 4-5 times i went to the fairview pond the same thing happened to me. Fished for hours and nothing. Also on several occasions I saw people taking fish with them, and we arent talking keepers....they were taking everything they caught,..... OR............since its so damn convenient for everyone, it gets fished WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much and the fish are just super pressured. Mabye you need to try live bait diddy. Go find some minnows or some nightcrawlers!!!!:D:D:D

RiverShoes
05-12-2011, 09:08 AM
Yeah, I was thinking live bait too. I've tried 3 different lakes now, nothing on any of them. And the last two there was nobody there all night.

Probably are over fished, very populated area.