PDA

View Full Version : Cordell Hull Bass are on FIRE

kfleming
05-10-2011, 11:20 PM
Bass fishing on Cordell Hull has been great the last few weeks. Bass can be caught on large jigs, spinner baits and swallow to mid range crankbaits early and late in day. Deep diving crankbaits and heavy jigs are the ticket when the sun gets high. Creel limits are two under 17" and one over 23". We've caught several in the 4 to 6 pound range late in the evenings in the back on creeks and shallow sloughs. Find the shad up close to the bank and you'll catch fish. Good luck !

jaycee
05-11-2011, 01:59 AM
Anybody ever fish Bluegill/Shellcracker at Cordell Hull?

Travis C.
05-11-2011, 11:21 AM
That is great. I use to fish up there quite a bit. We camped and fished a lot at Defeated and Salt Lick. Always liked fishing Cordell if you fish it much keep us updated how the fishing is and how the new slot is doing. There are a bunch of big bass in there.

One of my favorites is fish th stretchs though is way up stream were the Obey runs into the river.

kfleming
05-17-2011, 04:55 PM
I used to fish Old Hickory for years but I moved up close to Carthage 3 years ago. I got hooked on the sauger and walleye in the river, but the rivers been flooded most of the spring so I've been fishing Cordell Hull for bass and Crappie all spring. I like it much better than Old Hickory; not nearly as much pressure or boat traffic. I believe you have a better chance of catching larger fish in Cordell Hull too. The down side is everyone that fishes there year round says in the heat of summer the fish are much harder to find and catch. In Old Hickory you can move out on the river and fish the wood around the islands when it gets hot. But Cordell Hull just doesn't have that kind of structure. We'll see come the end of June.